Premium Content Area
This Area is only available to PBR Premium Content Subscribers. If you have a subscription, please CLICK HERE TO LOGIN to the Subscriptions Website. To purchase a NEW SUBSCRIPTION, please click here to go to our subscription products page.
6/18/13 Evenly proportioned, quick twitch, physical build. An athlete. Plays multiple postions (C, 3B, OF). 87mph from the outfield. Threw 1.93-2.01 pops times. Offensively has quick hands and gets barrel to zone quickly with extension. Proper rotation and carry from outfield, solid fundamentals on the infield. Receives well and shows decent footwork behind the plate. Instincts to snag bags and avg. to a tick above avgerage speed underway.
2/23/13 Montoya is going to have to make a decision at some point. He is currently our highest rated catcher in the Class of 2014 but with his speed (6.93) he certainly has the ability to move to another position. He showed a very strong arm in the outfield registering 88 mph and 80 mph from the crouch. His pop times were 1.93-2.03. Some may not like Montoya’s setup at the plate but the bottom line is that his hands work extremely well. He consistently shows he can barrel up the baseball with power.9/16/12 Montoya doesn't pretend to be a flashy player, instead he is a hard-nose good athlete that produces. He ran well for a catcher and can easily play the outfield or infield if necessary. His time was 6.86 in the 60-yard dash. His velo was 84mph from the outfield and he sported a solid 1.95 pop time behind the dish. At the plate Montoya has excellent bat speed and can pop the ball out of the yard. He has an aggressive approach and looks to drive the baseball.
- Flashback - History of the Preseason All-State Showcase - Jan 23, 2015
- Scenes Around the State: Signing Day Gallery - Nov 20, 2013
- Class of 2014 Massive Rankings Update and Expansion - Sep 17, 2013
- Three More Top Prospects Pick Their Schools - Aug 15, 2013
- Midwest Futures Games: Team Michigan Announced - Jul 4, 2013
- Top Prospect Games: Black Team Analysis - Jul 3, 2013
- Three 2014 Catchers to Watch in Michigan - Jun 1, 2013
- PBR Game Spotlight: St. Joseph HS vs. Elkhart Memorial HS - Apr 11, 2013
- Pre-Season All-State Showcase Scouting Notes: Top Outfielders - Mar 7, 2013
- Sneak Peek: Top Position Players from the Michigan Preseason All-State Showcase - Feb 27, 2013
- Pre-Season All-State Loaded with Good Talent - Feb 21, 2013
- Open ID Showcase Performances - Sep 19, 2012
- A Quick Look at the Open ID Showcase Top Performers - Sep 17, 2012
- Team Michigan Impresses on Day 2 of Midwest Futures Games - Aug 6, 2012
- Team Michigan: The Catchers - Aug 2, 2012