Premium Content Area
This Area is only available to PBR Premium Content Subscribers. If you have a subscription, please CLICK HERE TO LOGIN to the Subscriptions Website. To purchase a NEW SUBSCRIPTION, please click here to go to our subscription products page.
6-foot-2, 180-pound two-way prospect. On the mound, he shows a projectable body. Uses effortless arm action with good balance in delivery. Clean arm extension with good lower half follow through. Fastball easily projects to gain further velocity in future. Currently ranges 83-86 mph with late movement in zone. Shows good control of off-speed pitches. Curveball velocity is 74-76 mph with two plane downward tilt with depth. Excellent arm speed on change (73-75 mph) with arm side run and sink action.
Has physical projection in athletic body. Good delivery with extension. Arm works well, moderate arm speed through upper 3/4 slot. Aggressive with fastball (83-84 mph), shows good late life w/run. Good developing off-speed, shows spin on curve (68-71 mph) and has feel for change (73 mph). Around the plate with control. Good 2-way prospect for college, is a fine all-around OF. Solid Mid-major D-1 at this point with room to get better.
Crawford is a talented two-way prospect and definite follow in the Class of 2013. He could potentially play both positions at the next level. In the field, he is aggressive to the ball. He shows quick, effortless arm action that generated a top velocity of 85 mph. At the plate, the left-handed hitter maintains balance throughout his swing. He uses a quick, easy load and a short path to the ball while achieving extension. He shows gap-to-gap power potential. He registered a 7.36 60-yard dash on a slow track. On the mound, the lefty uses a high 3/4 arm slot and long, loose arm action. He possesses quick arm speed and a smooth rhythm throughout his delivery. His fastball sits 80-82 mph while showing late natural sinking action. He showed excellent command of a 69-70 mph sharp, sweeping curveball. His changeup, which sits at 72-73 mph, is thrown near fastball arm speed and shows sinking movement. In addition, he displayed a 70 mph split-finger fastball.
- Ohio Division II Power Rankings: No. 1 - No. 5 - Apr 4, 2013
- Preseason Preview: Wapakoneta HS - Mar 15, 2013
- Countdown to Signing Day: Bowling Green's 2013 Recruiting Class - Nov 5, 2012
- Under-the-radar left-handers around the Midwest - Oct 2, 2012
- PBR Spotlight Game: D-II state championship No. 5 Columbus St. Francis DeSales vs. No. 6 Wapakoneta - Jun 3, 2012
- PBR Spotlight Game: No. 6 Wapakoneta vs. No. 9 West Holmes - Jun 1, 2012
- Division II State Preview - May 30, 2012
- PBR Spotlight game: No. 1 Defiance vs. No. 6 Wapakoneta - May 26, 2012
- PBR Spotlight game: No. 6 Wapakoneta vs. Parma Padua Franciscan - May 25, 2012
- PBR Spotlight Game: Wapakoneta beats Bellevue - May 20, 2012
- PBR Spotlight Game: Wapakoneta blasts Tiffin Columbian - May 18, 2012
- PBR Spotlight game: No. 6 Wapakoneta at No. 1 Defiance - May 12, 2012
- Underclass Prospect Spotlight: 2013 LHP/OF John Crawford - Dec 22, 2011
- Top Outfielders from Ohio's Winter Top Prospect Event - Dec 19, 2011
- Top Pitchers from Ohio's Winter Top Prospect Showcase - Dec 19, 2011