Colorado Top Prospect Games Player Spotlight: 2022 C Gavin Rapoza of Thunder Ridge HS
July 18, 2019
PBR Colorado strives to be the most comprehensive source of player information across the state. The Prep Baseball Report is the No. 1 resource for high school baseball in each state we cover through our variety of events, boots-on-the-ground scouting staff, daily coverage, and multimedia platforms. Our multimedia platforms and events work in tandem, ultimately creating the most powerful source of high school baseball promotion in each state. While other organizations take a national approach, our goal is to become the authoritative voice on the ground level of each state.
Interested in attending a PBR Colorado event to be seen in front of over the 850 colleges that subscribe to the site? Check out our schedule by clicking here.
The PBR Colorado Top Prospect Games will be held on August 3rd and 4th at the historical Cherry Creek High School baseball field. This event will sell out. We will be spotlighting the players leading up to the invite only event. To request an invite Click Here
Uncommitted. 5-foot-10, 160 pounds. Bats and throws right. Rapoza is a contact, gap to gap hitter. Has an athletic balanced stance hands load slightly back with good separation and rhythm. Hands are quick and short to the ball with a slightly uphill swing. Because of quick hands has the ability to let the ball get deep into the hitting zone. Head is still and stays on the baseball. Had a very good live round barreling every pitch. We liked his extension through the hitting zone. Exit velocity off the tee was 84 mph, but played faster in the live round. Behind the plate Rapoza has good lateral mobility and is efficient in blocking balls. On throw downs Rapoza shows the ability to stay in the catching position, then displays quick feet in throw-down that is accurate to 2B. Pop-times had a quick release off a coach were 1.87 to 1.95 with arm velo of 73 mph. Rapoza shows natural abiltity at the position, and has a chance to start for ThunderRidge this spring.
- Top Prospect Games Catcher Analysis - Aug 27, 2019
- Top Prospect Games Day 1 Recap - Aug 6, 2019
- Colorado Top Prospect Games Stats Posted - Aug 5, 2019
- Colorado Top Prospect Games Player Spotlight: 2022 C Gavin Rapoza of Thunder Ridge HS - Jul 18, 2019
- Colorado Underclass Invitational: Catchers Analysis - Feb 19, 2019
- 2019 Underclass Invitational Stats Posted - Jan 28, 2019
- CO Top Prospect Games Infield Analysis 8/29/19
- CO Top Prospect Games Outfield Analysis 8/28/19
- CO Top Prospect Games Catcher Analysis 8/27/19
- PBRPlus Top Prospect Games Day 2 Recap 8/07/19
- PBRPlus Top Prospect Games Day 1 Recap 8/06/19
- CO Colorado Top Prospect Games Stats Posted 8/05/19
- CO Colorado Top Prospect Games Rosters and Schedule 7/31/19
- CO Colorado Top Prospect Games Player Spotlight: 2022 RHP/3B Kyle Barkley of Cherry Creek HS 7/23/19
- CO Colorado Top Prospect Games Player Spotlight: 2021 RHP/3B Ben Whipple of Valor Christian 7/22/19
- CO Colorado Top Prospect Games Player Spotlight: 2022 C Gavin Rapoza of Thunder Ridge HS 7/18/19