A look back the 2018 Super 60 and Who's next?
February 7, 2018
Christian Franklin (Rockhurst, MO), Cam McMillian (St, Thomas Aquinas, KS) and Nick Schmidt (Holt, MO) represented the region well at the Super 60 at The Max in McCook, Illinois on February 4. Here is a look at their performances.
CLICK HERE, for complete coverage of the 2018 Super 60
Christian Franklin posted the top 60 time of the event at 6.50. He threw 91 mph from the outfield and had an 87 mph exit velocity.
Cam McMillian opened the eyes of a lot of scouts with his round of batting practice and 103 mph exit velocity. He also showed off a 92 mph infield velo.
Nick Schmidt was downhill and firm with his fastball at 90-91 mph, topping out at 92 mph. He showed a 12-to-6 breaking ball at 74-77 and a change up at 84-86 mph.
These three will all have a big following of scouts at their games this spring, and we can now move our attention to the 2019 Super 60 and some of the likely candidates. The selection process for next year's Super 60 will begin in July with the PBR ProCase in Joliet, Illinois. Several players from the 2018 Super 60 were in attendance at last year's ProCase.
There is a lot that can happen between now and February 2019, but here is a look at some of the top players in Kansas' and Missouri's 2019 class.
For More Insider News
- PBRPlus Missouri 2023 Outfielders 11/15/19
- PBRPlus Missouri 2023 Catchers 11/14/19
- PBRPlus Missouri 2023 Pitchers 11/12/19
- PBRPlus 15 Names to know in Kansas' 2023 Class 11/11/19
- PBRPlus 16 to Know: Missouri 2023 Infielders 11/11/19
- MO Inside the 2020 Rankings: Uncommitted Right-Handed Pitchers 10/29/19
- MO Inside the 2020 Rankings: Uncommitted Left-Handed Pitchers 10/22/19
- MO Missouri Insider: 2020 Uncommitted Left-handed Hitters 10/18/19
- PBRPlus MOKAN Insider: Uncommitted 2019 Left-Handed Pitchers 10/24/18
- PBRPlus Missouri Insider: Uncommitted Left-Handed Hitters 10/15/18