Team Nevada: Tai Nguyen
July 1, 2020
With the PBR Future Games exactly one month out, we are going to take a look at the prospects selected to represent Team Nevada. These are the best Uncommitted prospects that our state has to offer in the 2022 - 2023 classes and are expected to be some of the first prospects off the board. I am extremely excited about this years team with level of talent that will representing our state against the top Uncommitted players from around the country.
Tai Nguyen is the highest ranked Uncommitted prospect in the 2022 class will be making his return to the LakePoint facility to showcase himself in front of massive audience expected to tune into the live streamed event. The Bishop Gorman product stands at 6-foot-1, 200 pounds with big time power potential that has already achieve a 102 mph Exit Velocity off the tee. His uses his physicality well to drive the ball from gap to gap with authority. Nguyen has shown feel around the bag at first base but with his most recent 60 Time under 7.00, he could end up making the transition to a corner outfield spot. This a prospect that has already attracted the attentions of multiple programs and should continue that trend after the upcoming Future Games.
Nguyen put on a show during the BP session at the Bishop Gorman Scout Day
— PBR_Nevada (@PBR_Nevada) February 9, 2020
2024-2025 RISING STARS SHOWCASE
The PBR Nevada Rising Stars Showcase is coming Tuesday, July 7th to Las Vegas Sports Park. The event is open to Class of 2024 & 2025 Prospects.
This event will have four main functions. For most participants, this will be their first showcase event - an initial step toward achieving a player’s baseball goals. Part of this event is educational. There will be a lecture about what scouts look for, how to comport themselves, what to expect in the recruiting process, and the overall landscape of playing at the next level. The second function of this event will be for players to create baseline numbers for themselves to improve. The third reason for this event is for PBR to have an in-depth look at the best young players and the future of the state. The fourth function of the event is to identify players to represent Nevada at the PBR Junior Future Games held at LakePoint in Cartersville, GA.
PBR Junior Future Games Selection Process
The Junior Future Games Trials will be used to identify players to represent Nevada at the 2020 PBR Junior Future Games at LakePoint. The PBR Junior Future Games is national event that will take place July 29 - August 1 at LakePoint in Emerson, Georgia. The event will run in accordance with the PBR Future Games, which attracts over 300 college coaches from across the country.
The 2020 Junior Future Games will feature the best 2024 & 2025 prospects in the country. Players will participate in a pro-style workout and game-play during the duration of the event.
- NV Game 3 vs. Arizona: Recap 8/05/20
- NV Game 2 vs. PNW: Recap 8/04/20
- NV Game 1 vs. California: Recap 8/02/20
- NV Team Nevada: Day 2 Recap 8/01/20
- NV Future Games - Team Workout: Statistical Standouts 8/01/20
- NV Game 1 vs. Alabama: Recap 7/30/20
- NV Game 2 vs. MOKAN: Recap 7/30/20
- NV Team Nevada: Dominick Rush 7/27/20
- NV Team Nevada: LJ Mercurius 7/27/20
- NV Team Nevada: Will Sullivan 7/24/20
- NV Team Nevada: Jet Gilliam 7/23/20
- NV Team Nevada: Cooper Sheff 7/22/20
- NV Team Nevada: Anthony Marnell IV 7/22/20
- NV Team Nevada: Gunnar Myro 7/21/20
- NV Team Nevada: Tyler Avery 7/21/20
- NV Team Nevada: Zane Kelly 7/13/20
- NV Team Nevada: Luke Metzker 7/11/20
- NV Team Nevada: Joey Randazzo 7/10/20
- NV Team Nevada: Noah Wasano 7/09/20
- NV Team Nevada: Payton Riske 7/04/20
- NV Team Nevada: Chase Ditmar 7/03/20
- NV Team Nevada: Parker Vint 7/02/20
- NV Team Nevada: Tai Nguyen 7/01/20