Prep Baseball Report

Recruiting Essentials: 4-4 Transfers

By Sean McCann
Recruiting Essentials Editor

Following up on last week’s transfer rules theme, being that it is transfer season, so to speak, for college baseball, this week we are going to cover the process of transferring from a four-year school to another four-year school (4-4 transfer in NCAA parlance).

NCAA Division I 4-4 Transfer rules

First let’s take a look at 4-4 transfer rules in regards to transferring from a four-year school (NCAA Division I, II, II, NAIA, etc.) to an NCAA Division I school:

+ When you are enrolled at an NCAA or NAIA four-year college you must receive a permission-to-contact letter from the athletic department at the school you are attending first before you can correspond with the baseball coaches at another Division I school.

Premium Content Area

This article is only available to PBRPlus Subscribers. If you wish to continue reading this article:

Login to the Subscriptions Website.
To purchase a NEW SUBSCRIPTION, please click here to go to our subscription products page.