PBR All American Game - Team 2024 | Ty Southisene
September 12, 2023
On Saturday, Sept. 23, Prep Baseball Report is hosting its inaugural High School All-American Game at American Family Field, home of the Milwaukee Brewers. The unique event will feature the nation’s top high school seniors who are set to battle against a roster of the country’s best juniors in Class of 2024 vs. Class of 2025 action, giving pro scouts a unique look at current and future draft classes.
We're highlighting junior outfielder Ty Southisene, Nevada’s top-ranked prospect in the 2024 class and one of the premier infielders in the nation. Southisene has consistently shown his elite level talent and tools on both sides of the ball throughout his high school career, seemingly taking his game to another level each year. Next, he'll take his talents to Milwaukee next month.
PBR's VP of Scouting Shooter Hunt had this to say about Southisene following a standout showing at Area Codes, where he was labeled the Reds "Top Prospect": "It’s nothing new for the Tennessee commit, but Southisene was the catalyst for the Reds all week long. Exceptional plate coverage and pitch recognition paired with a lightning-quick bat allows Southisene the ability to do damage against a plethora of pitches. Stood out among his peers being one of the few players on the week who was able to barrel up 95-plus velocity as well as tying the event-high with six hits. Undersized in a “traditional” sense, Southisene plays much bigger than his 5-foot-9, 165-pound stature, with tremendous bounce and twitch throughout. Effortless mover in the middle infield with butter-smooth hands and an explosive first-step that plays way up on both sides of the ball. Southisene has above-average tools throughout the profile with a high-octane motor, and now put together outstanding performances on the biggest stages of the summer. In a time where stocks can fluctuate greatly, Southisene continues to trend up."
The Inaugural PBR All-American Game has teamed up with the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation's Vs. Cancer program. Join the cause and support Ty Southisene's fundraising effort ahead of the big event.
Donations can be made in Ty's name to Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation Vs. Cancer program.
Ty Southisene, Basic (NV), 2024 Tennessee
Positional Profile: SS/RHP Premium level athlete that has consisently proven himself as not only one of the top players in the West Region, but in the entire country. A Team USA product that doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Advanced actions throughout his game that will all translate to the next level and beyond.
Body: 5-7, 163-pounds. Compact, athletic build. Proportionate strength throughout with present twitch.
Hit: RHH. Confident present in the box. Tall set up with high bat toggle. Slight coil into high hovering leg kick that gets down on time. Foot lands on time with consistent balanced maintained. Level bat path through the zone with some lift in his extension. Advanced bat control with feel for the barrel, consistent line drive producer to all fields with present power on display. Has shown power to all field. Stays in his legs well throughout his swing. Has proven himself time and time again as one himself among the top bats in the country and cemented that at the talent loaded PBR ProCase.
Power: 97 max exit velocity, averaged 90 mph. 348' max distance.
Arm: RH. INF-89 mph. Quick, short arm cycle. Changes arm angles when needed to maintain fluidity. Present arm strength/accuracy should allow him to stay on the left side of the infield.
Defense: Premium defender with present lateral range. Excellent feet that keep his head level throughout the fielding process. Present feel for both the forehand and backhand plays. Polished middle infielder with elite baseball IQ that allows him to be the field general.
Area Code Games (8/8/23)
- Nevada 2024 Class Rankings - Update - Nov 16, 2023
- PBR All American Game - Team 2024 | Ty Southisene - Sep 12, 2023
- 2023 PBR All-American Game, Spotlight: Ty Southisene - Sep 1, 2023
- 2023 Area Code Upperclass Games: Reds Quick Hits & Superlatives - Aug 22, 2023
- West Coast ProCase: Positional Data Dive - Jun 14, 2023
- PBR ProCase West - Ty Southisene - Jun 13, 2023
- From the Hip: West Coast Procase Impact 10 - Jun 7, 2023
- 2024 Overall Rankings Update - May 12, 2023
- Nevada's Most Viewed Profiles - April - May 2, 2023
- PBR ProCase | Invite Accepted - Ty Southisene - Apr 10, 2023
- Nevada's Most Viewed Profiles of March - Apr 5, 2023
- Nevada's Most Viewed Profiles - February - Mar 7, 2023
- (#2) Basic Academy vs. (#3) Faith Lutheran - Game Notes - Mar 7, 2023
- Nevada's Most Viewed Profiles of January - Feb 2, 2023
- 2022 Rewind: Most Viewed Profiles - Dec 21, 2022
- 2024 PBR National Rankings - Nevada Prospects - Dec 2, 2022
- Nevada's Most Viewed Profiles | August 2022 - Sep 20, 2022
- Area Code Underclass: Reds - Aug 23, 2022
- Game Recap: Basic (#3) at Palo Verde - Mar 22, 2022
- Game Recap: Basic Academy (#1) at Bishop Gorman (#2) - Mar 8, 2022
- Field Set For 2022 NHSI - Jan 12, 2022
- Looking Ahead To 2022 - Jan 5, 2022
- #TeamNevada Commitment Tracker: Ty Southisene - Nov 17, 2021
- 2024 Rankings: Regional Breakdown (West Coast) - Oct 8, 2021
- 2021 Future Games: College Commitment Tracker - Aug 3, 2021
- Future Games: Team Nevada Infielders - Jul 24, 2021
- Top Position Players Coming to Future Games - Jul 14, 2021
- NPI: 2024 Breakdown - Jun 22, 2021
- Nevada Scout Blog: Week 5 - May 11, 2021
- Player of the Week: Ty Southisene - May 3, 2021
- Nevada Scout Blog: Week 3 - Apr 30, 2021
- Class of 2024 Rankings Announced - Apr 8, 2021
- Freshman Winter Standouts - Mar 17, 2021
- Introduction To The Class Of 2024 - Nov 11, 2020
- Summer Standouts: Top 60 Times - Sep 23, 2020
- Rising Stars Top Performers: Fastball Velocity - Jul 10, 2020
|College of Southern Nevada Scout Day||NV||10/03||College of Southern Nevada|
|College of Southern Idaho Scout Day||NV||10/06||College of Southern Idaho|
|Southern Idaho Open (2024-2028)||NV||10/07||College of Southern Idaho|
|Las Vegas Fall ID (2024-2028)||NV||10/15||College of Southern Nevada|
|Northern Nevada Fall ID (2024-2028)||NV||11/11||Bishop Manogue High School|