Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 2 Michael Lippe
December 30, 2020
As the year starts to unwind, our staff will start to highlight the top-10 most viewed profiles from 2020 - starting at 10 and counting down.
We’ll start to wrap up our countdown of the most viewed profiles for this year and with that, Whitefish Bay’s Michael Lippe grasps onto the number two spot on our list. Currently the second ranked prospect in Wisconsin’s 2022 class and 123rd nationally, Lippe has garnered some high-end traction over the past few years - and rightfully so.
The last time we saw Lippe was at our South Milwaukee Preseason I.D. event back in March, where he looked more physical and improved than ever. He strung together one of the more impressive showcase performances we saw all winter, taking an electric round of batting practice and showing our staff that loud array of offensive tools we knew he possessed. Lippe also ran a 6.82 in the 60-yard dash and his top throw to home from the outfield clocked in at 95 mph, which was an event high.
Committed to Louisville, Lippe remains one of the top right-handed hitters in the Midwest and his upside as an impact middle-of-the-order bat at the next level is fairly evident. We’re eager to get more up-close looks at him in 2021 during both the high school season and summer circuit.
TOP-10 PROFILES OF 2020: No. 2 MICHAEL LIPPE
Positional Profile: OF High follow, 2022 draft prospect.
Body: 6-foot-2, 205-pounds. Strong physical build, broad shoulders, advanced strength.
Hit: RHH. Slight open setup at the back of the box, hands start comfortable and load back and above the baseball. Explosive bat speed created by strength and athleticism, path is quick to the baseball. Showed feel for the barrel, ball jumped off the bat, plus exit velocity off the bat.
Power: 92 mph exit velocity from the tee. Gap to gap power bat.
Arm: RH. OF - 95 mph. Plus arm, carries well, long high 3/4 arm action, showed ability to play accurately.
Defense: CF/RF projection, quick footwork attacks the baseball, plays through in stride with conviction.
Run: 6.88 runner in the 60. Plus runner for age.
Lippe is a physical specimen and uses the basepaths like an SEC running back would. He’s strong, fast, and packs a punch from the right-handed batter’s box, favoring the right-center gap.
Positional Profile: OF
Body: 6-foot-1, 190-pounds. Strong athletic build.
Hit: RHH. Balanced stance, minimal load, short stride, maintains strong balance through contact. Short path, line drive gap to gap contact, quick hands with strength. Creates bat speed with intent.
Power: 92 mph exit velocity from the tee. Power projection bat.
Arm: RH. OF - 89 mph. Long arm action, high 3/4 slot, arm carries well, advanced arm strength.
Defense: Athletic actions, plays from all three OF spots, clean exchange, works through the baseball in stride.
Run: 4.47 runner down the line. Athletic gait, above average baserunner.
- Preseason Power 25 Countdown: No. 1 Whitefish Bay - Mar 29, 2022
- Best of 2021: Max Outfield Velocity Leaders - Jan 14, 2022
- Best of 2021: Max Exit Velocity Leaders - Jan 11, 2022
- Best of 2021: 60-Yard Dash Leaders - Jan 6, 2022
- Starting 9: Crosscheck Swings - Sep 19, 2021
- Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Quick Hits - Mar 23, 2021
- Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 2 Michael Lippe - Dec 30, 2020
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Top Overall Prospects - Apr 10, 2020
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Outfielder Analysis - Apr 7, 2020
- PBR Wisconsin Preseason Second Team All-State - Mar 31, 2020
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Quick Hits - Mar 2, 2020
- Top-10 Profiles of 2019: No. 6 Michael Lippe - Dec 20, 2019
- Wisconsin Class of 2022 Rankings Update - Dec 3, 2019
- Updated And Expanded 2022 Rankings - Sep 20, 2019
- Underclass Games: Top Overall Prospects - Sep 13, 2019
- Wisconsin Class of 2022 Rankings: Top-10 - Sep 11, 2019
- Underclass Games: Outfielder Analysis - Sep 10, 2019
- Underclass Games: Statistical Analysis - Jul 25, 2019
- Underclass Games: Quick Hits - Jul 24, 2019
- PBR Wisconsin: WIAA Second-Team All-State - Jun 28, 2019
- PBR at The Rock 15U: All-Tournament Team - Jun 27, 2019
- PBR at The Rock 15U: Scout Blog - Jun 25, 2019
- PBR at The Rock 15U: Quick Hits Day 3 - Jun 22, 2019
- PBR at The Rock 15U: Quick Hits Day 1 - Jun 20, 2019
- WIAA Playoffs: Postseason Chat - May 28, 2019
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Top Overall Prospects - Apr 26, 2019
- Freshmen Contributing On Varsity - Apr 24, 2019
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Outfield Analysis - Apr 19, 2019
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Statistical Analysis - Mar 5, 2019
- South Milwaukee Preseason I.D.: Quick Hits - Mar 4, 2019
- Initial Overall 2022 Rankings Release - Nov 7, 2018
- Underclass Trials: Top Overall Prospects - Aug 24, 2018
- Underclass Trials: Outfielder Analysis - Aug 22, 2018
- Underclass Trials: Infielder Analysis - Aug 21, 2018
- Junior Future Games Scout Blog: Teams Illinois and Wisconsin - Aug 14, 2018
- Underclass Trials: Quick Hits - Jun 21, 2018
- Milwaukee Future Prospect Showcase: Player Analysis - Apr 17, 2018
- Milwaukee Future Prospects: Pitching Analysis - Apr 20, 2017
- Milwaukee Future Prospects: Position Analysis - Apr 19, 2017
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 1 Noah Miller 12/31/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 2 Michael Lippe 12/30/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 3 Gavin Kilen 12/29/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 4 Q Phillips 12/28/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 5 A.J. Vukovich 12/26/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 7 Colin Dailey 12/21/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 6 Adam Switalski 12/21/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 8 Mitchell Voit 12/18/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 9 Brady Counsell 12/17/20
- WI Top-10 Profiles of 2020: No. 10 Joey Spence 12/16/20